NOVELTY: PEDRAM KARIMI.

 I recently came across the glorious designs of emerging designer Pedram Karimi and immediately went through all his images and videos. The first object to catch my eye, was the Fall /Winter '13 video of a girl who transforms into a boy every time she's submerged into the water. The aquatic film entitled 'Third Collection' made me feel like I'd be catapulted into space and engulfed by a vast yet peaceful quiet darkness as I spectated this beautiful androgynous transformation. 

As I watched the expressionless girl slowly sink into the water, it felt more and more like it was only when encapsulated by water, when the gender transformation had been complete was he liberated. The once rigid girl (after having transformed into a man) becomes a frolicking version of herself, and only then do you see (and feel) a sense of emancipation. Quite a feat to achieve in under five minutes! I can only imagine what It must have been like to have the pleasure of viewing this film on the big screen.  Such a breath of fresh air to find a brand coming of Canada that embodies the spirit of minimalism. The entire collection seems to transcend gender.  Love love love it.



Below are some of my favourite looks from FAT's 2012 collection. All images runway images in this series are courtesy of D.E LaValle of the blog, Glowing Doll. To have a look at the rest of the images from this runway, please click here. 
















Below are my two favourite garments from the 2013 Fall/Winter collection. I love the simplicity of his designs and how fluidly they can be intermixed. These two are definitely on my wish list! I'm all about clothing that can be easily layered and have multi-occasional use. I also love that every item is virtually genderless. My spidey sense is tingling, something tells me Mr. Karimi is headed for a very bright future and I am very much looking forward to following his career!

Fold Tunic $220.00 here.

Latex Skort $225.00 here.


Hooded Jacket $785.00 here.


Spring Summer 2014

Can't wait to get my hands on this gorgeous jacket from the 2014 collection! There are a few other items that I'm really excited to try on, and I'm really excited that he's only a scenic road trip away :) Although the 2014 collection is not yet available on the site for sale, here's a preview of what to expect. The excitement is bubbling! Click here to view the rest of the collection.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll