CONFESSIONS.


(Black Snapback; Gifted Unknown, Faux Fur Vest; Joe Fresh, Coat; TopShop, Jeans; American Apparel, Black Clutch purse; DIY)

I have a confession to make.

I bought this faux fur vest left the tags on AND wore it for a whole night on the town. I don't usually do this. Scandalous, I know. I love layers and thought this might be a good addition to my wardrobe in the all out war against suiting up in my lacklustre, bulky winter jacket. On my quest to achieve a more minimal wardrobe (and lifestyle) I always strive for interchangeable statement items that can be worn alone or layered, all year long. I don't really do seasonal clothes. 

I ain't bout that life.

 I peeped this lil number while making a quick stop at the grocery to pick up diapers. I caught it at a glance from the corner of my eye and immediately glided away from my shopping cart towards the dangling billowing vest. I have a 'thing' for furry items if you can't tell (Birkenstocks; fur covered, black clutch purse; fur covered, currently working on a sandal DIY project, also fur covered in fur...see where I'm going with this?). There's a coziness about fur that I can't seem to refuse.

While this vest checks the 'high collar' box and double checks the 'cozy' box, it didn't make the cut. I admit I felt a little out of place wearing it, the big bird-like plastic strands, the slightly patchy various brown colouring and thin poorly stitched knit back. Felt a little like I was zipped into a stuffy amazonian bird costume. The cherry on top? By the time I got home, I was completely covered in loose flying fur. Also a no no when you have a two year old. Well, really just a no no period. Who wants they're clothes leaving a literal lasting impression? Last thing I need is Reiks choking on the remnance of mummy's poor purchase...

Verdit? 

Favourable shape, horrible fabric. Sorry Joe Fresh. This one's a no go. 








Oh yeah and I happened to pass this (newly?) placed Toronto Style advertisement. Rep your city. Make a weird face and own the night. 

Haha.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll