DIY: ACNE STUDIO INSPIRED SNEAKS

(Grey and white lace sneakers; Vans, White leather shoe tags; DIY)

Happy Friday peeps! 

I was browsing the Acne Studios website and came across these low cut kicks with a cute lil emoticon tag. I thought to myself, 'Aww what a cute shoe'...until I booked the price, which was five hundred dollars. Yes. Five bills. And these bitches are completely sold out on Totokaelo.com
I absolutely love Acne but five bills? Nah son.

 After viewing them, I whipped out my trusty box of random supplies and decided to create an inspired shoe tag for the grey Vans already in my closet. I do think this would have been better served on a white on white shoe, but sometimes you have to improvise and use what you have. 


(Adriana Silver Metallic Sneaker; Acne Studios S/S 2014)

I realize of course that the Adriana shoe is made entirely of leather and the shoe tag is quite hard body, which is reflective of the price. My version kind of looks more like the 'toy' version of this shoe which I kind of dig. If you want to re-create the look, for literally a fraction of the price, here's the DIY to get it done.

For this project you will need/
Strip of leather (colour of your choice)
Scissors
Thin sheet of plastic
Black Sharpie
Glue gun
A ruler


This is another simple one. I used the leftover leather from my Nike Slide DIY to cover two sheets of plastic (which I traced on the back side of my leather strip) and then cut two slits in the back to thread through the laces. When cutting your leather make sure to leave a little extra allowance so you can fold it over your plastic sheet. This way you won't see any frayed edges.



I wore them out to a late night grocery run with K and thought I'd snap a pic of them whilst on the run. I also thought it was a good idea to hop into the shopping cart, so I could get a cool pic for the blog, which resulted in me nearly breaking my ass. During this two second lag of airtime, my sweater caught the back of the cart, nearly choking me out, and I bruised the palm of my hand. 
Why? 
Because I'm old.
 And have absolutely zero hops.  


 This was the moment I realized my sweater was somehow caught in the back of the cart and in order to get out, strategy was required.

Should have hired a stunt double. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll