Presenting my new lock-bob. I know it probably sounds silly but chopping the back was kind of a big deal. I've been growing my locks for almost 3 years and that chop made me very nervous. What if it's terrible and I have to look at this awful cut until it grows back? To make a long story short I learned you have to trust your vision. Sometimes you just have to commit and see it through so something great and bob-like can happen :) 

I was super excited to see this lil catwalk collection spread of Topshop's Unique collection in print. I grabbed it while I was there and made my way up to the Queen street location to check it out in person. I mean how could I help it? It looked so lovely and polished on the catwalk. 


I get there and to my surprise the racks were almost clear. The lovely white coat I was hoping to try on had been sold out within hours of its arrival more than 3 weeks ago. Disappointed I began rummaging through what was left. A yellow pant suit, a long frock like shirt dress amongst a few other left over items. I turn the tag to reveal the price, shirt dress $170.00, long blazer coat $190.00. As this collection is titled 'Unique' and featured in their Boutique collection I was expecting to see some beautiful garments on a clever display. 

What I got fell short to say the least. The cheap poorly sewn cotton linings, excess thread poking out at the seams, I thought to myself 'who on earth would pay these exuberant prices???' It makes me upset when corporations think they can slap the word 'boutique' on something and expect to pull one over on the public. Charge $300 for a coat that looks like it was sewn together by a 6 year old. One of the reasons some of my longest standing items are vintage. Well made items run the test of time and that is something to admire. Price is not always a reflection of quality. Especially in this case (insert frown).









2 comments:

  1. Bella your hair looks great! I hope you and yours are doing fab. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Allycat!!! THANK you!! How are you?? I miss you!!! Send me an email so I have your contact!!!!

      Delete

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll