Face TiME

This has been my go- to easy makeup strategy ever since I first saw it on Vogue UK's beauty column. It's easy to apply, and creates virtually no additional down time in the mornings. I live quite far from my workplace so spending extra time on makeup in the mornings is something that I really don't have the time for. I'm more of a wake up and go kinda girl (hence the locks) and there's nothing more frustrating than having to sift though multiple outfits and makeup choices before frantically heading out the door when running late. Fifteen minutes less spent on wardrobe means fifteen more minutes spent on other more important things like taking a quiet moment with a hot tea to reflect on the day before the craziness begins, or catching up on my favourite blogs.




I really only apply makeup that transitionally goes with any outfit. In the pic below, I put Stila's 'all day wear' liquid eyeliner to the test on my cottage weekend up North. I am happy to say that it stayed put the entire day and I didn't have to re-apply until late that evening (by that time I took it off). I took Mary Katranzou's x Val Garland's artistry off the runway and applied it to a more everyday casual setting to spruce up an other wise lifeless outfit such as a sweatshirt and comfy jersey shorts.

Mr. Garland is a genius for creating such a gorgeous contemporary version of the cat-eye. I reserve this application for days when I've thrown on an outfit that could use a pick me up or am feeling like I need a bit of a change from my usual triangle, or big mascarated (just here, creating new words, no biggie) top and bottom lashes. In general I try my best to maintain tranquil in stressful situations perhaps because I like my drama absent from relationships and inserted into my wardrobe. I love some good artistic drama in ma 'drobe'.







You can get Stila's all day wear at Sephora for just under $30. It's a bit pricey but it lasts forever and is totally worth the extra coin. They also used to have a travel size option that came with a mascara for $14 so you can try it out before copping the larger version. Happy lining. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll