There is a definite love hate relationship where this clutch and I are concerned. This was the DIY method I adopted to give the clutch a 'how you say' a more luxurious feel. To prep the clutch and ensure no paint got onto the actual purse itself, I used some leftover wall tape from a recent painting excursion. This tape works well, because it adheres well and doesn't leave any sticky residue when it comes time to remove it. The first time I tried fabric paint, which was a complete disaster and resulted in my having to remove all the gunk with nail polish remover which took forever. I came to understand that it was a bad idea in the first place because fabric paint is incredibly tacky and a terrible choice for a zipper that still needs the ability to function. Next I tried this Matte finish Tremclad paint which is much better for this type of surface. Only it's not. After a week of use, I'm left with a chipping version of what was once a glorious matte solid finish.




2 Weeks later....



Like it never happend. Ah well. Back to the drawing board. You stink Tremclad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll