Last DIY of 2013 : The FuRry CluTch

Over the holidays I was given a small zip clutch that was a decent size, but didn't quite have the aesthetic I was going for. I wasn't sure what to do with this little zip pouch, so I did what I am naturally inclined to do, cover it in fur...






 Like many of my side projects, this one started with a lil trip to Fabricland. What started off as a simple task, quickly took on a life of it's own. This is how most of my projects start and end I suppose. With a simple idea that quickly spreads like wildfire as it's being carried out. This DIY isn't quite as simple as some of the other ones I've posted, but I'll give a rough over view of how to get it done. 

I started by choosing some faux fur. I suppose you could choose any fabric you want, I personally prefer fur because it's a little more forgiving which makes it a lot easier hide mistakes. When it comes to a DIY project like this, I tend (unfortunately) to be more about the overall aesthetic of a project than making it perfect the first time. Sometimes the pursuit of perfection can ruin the creative process. I try not to focus so much on it, and let the chips fall where they may. 

Before: 









After:



(Zara knit scarf and white long sleeve crew neck, Vintage Sweater Cartigan, Self made DIY clutch, American Apparel pants)

NYE at my sister's crib about to turn up. This DIY came in at the PERFECT time. It was effing freezing and the clutch duelled as a most luscious hand warmer. Ha. Look at that. The perfect seasonal DIY *insert wink*.  






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll