NOVELTY: Cholé Resort 2014. NaiLed iT.

Claire Waight Keller nailed it. Cholé's Resort 2014 is nothing short of stupendous. I love how wearable this collection is. Normally when I think 'resort' I picture beachy seasonal wear made for rich people to wear in the Bahamas. Bathing suits, mesh wrap skirts and luxe wide brim straw hats come to mind. I used to skim past the Resort section because it generally just didn't interest me. Who has $600.00 to spend on a tankini? It just wasn't relatable.

This collection has an underlying tomboyish elegance that I absolutely love. There is something so effortless and easy about the soft boxy trousers paired with elegant strappy sandals and the gorgeously feminine flowing dresses with gold covered gladiator flats. This is the first collection I've seen in a long time where the footwear is equally as impressive as the collection. 

Firstly, this combo is to die for. This is a polished ever-ready outfit if I ever saw one. The nude strappy sandal, the single pleated cropped trouser, the layered cotton crew neck gets ten out of ten. Bellisima *kisses fingers Italian style*.


My added caption says it all. I think this is my most coveted item from this collection. Ok pause. Can we just acknowledge this glorified slip on sandal that can literally be worn with everything?! I can't think of a more perfect summer sandal! (how awesome would these be with socks?!). These lil slippies would add a casual regality to pretty much any outfit. Jeans and a T-shirt? Check. Evening gown? Check. Blazer and work trousers? Check. Get outta here with this. I can't even deal. I am praying I'll be able to find these once the collection has been released. It's actually too much. Ok fine. I'll move on if we must.

This look is right up my alley (was that too corny? Felt so..). It's easy, relaxed and polished all at the same time. Dressy enough to be worn to a meeting, yet casual enough for to meet a friend for brunch. Not to mention that gorgeous purse. I'm not normally one for a ton of colour but this is perfection. The light mustard coloured coat falls similar to a how one would wear a throw cardigan. Soft flowing fabric (with a large hidden collar?) and wide belted sleeves really drives home the sentiment of luxe resort wear. Oh and whats that? A re-appearance of the beloved gold strap slip on? In seafoam green? Very clever Keller, *tips hat* very clever.

What. The. Heck. Here we have the denim pinstripe version of the coat above. How great is this ode to the Canadian Tuxedo? And why didn't we come up with this first? 

How angelic is this white on white action? Let me just state for the record that I would never wear this outside a photo shoot. I would have to walk like a tin man just to preserve it's crispness (if thats even a word) which for me is entirely impractical. I'm the kind of girl (despite all my efforts) that seems to always leave the party with a lovely weird stain every single time I wear white. I literally travel with a Tide To Go stick religiously (you laugh, but that thing works miracles).  Oh, and that was before I became a mom. Clumsy mom + 14 month old baby = the perfect white outfit storm. 

Another easy breezy combo. I really like how simple and fresh this is. Yet again, another personally bad fit choice. Give me a few hours with this and watch me work. We would end up with a 'tie tyed' rendition of what was once a gorgeous outfit. Think I could request a matching bib? Probably not eh?

Gah. love it. This for me is a bit more manageable due to the pinstripe. I love this so much I'd be willing to chance it, provided I doubled up on the Tide To Go stick. I would personally pair the pinstripe skirt with the other slip on sandals (the same ones I'm pining over) but I can understand and appreciate the gold strap gladiator choice.


Another perfectly styled outfit. Dreaming of this sandal and knee length white short combo. I can't quite tell the exact material of this jacket but it looks like neoprene and thats enough. I honestly can't get enough of neoprene. If I could I would wear entire head to toe neoprene outfits in different style and colour variations. It's the structural soft fabric combination that gets me every time. 

Are those pockets in that skirt?! Could this look be any more glorious? Actually the one small critique I would make is that I would take away the gold necklace because I don't find it necessary. It's perfectly polished without it.

Last but not least I love these looks equally because they are soooo transitional and effortlessly chic. I would pair either of these looks with black Nike Free Runs and BAM.  Ready to roam the streets. A conclusively stellar collection. <3.

All images courtesy of Style.com













0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll