DIY: If you can't beat 'em.....make 'em.


After scouring the internet looking for weeks months in search of the Monterey Birkenstocks (which are now to my luck discontinued)  I decided to take matters into my own hands. It really sucks when you have your eye on something and you just can't get you hands on it. This project actually ended up far better than expected. My beat up, run down, been camping and back Birkenstocks now have totally new life and look better than they did brand new (not to mention I saved myself the $270.00 that I was quoted a month ago with a 6-8 week waiting period). Nothing makes me happier than attaining a great staple whilst saving money. To take it a step further, I decided to opt for the uber upgrade. Like many of us out there, I spent many an afternoon day dreaming of the ultimately perfect furry Céline sandal that is for us regular peeps would forfeit paying rent. That being said, I ended up with these....





My Birkenstock meets Céline brainchild. Muahhhhaaahaaa. I was thinking to post a DIY of how to construct these but it too complicated and incredibly long winded. The important thing to know is, this whole mini project (tax included) cost me under $30. I'm probably going to end up making a few versions of this shoe (a black and red pair perhaps...?





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll