This is the mask I've been working on for BRNDNPHLP whose been silently and graciously awaiting it's completion. Thank you, it will be worth the wait (fingers crossed). Working on this lace mask is proving to be much more tricky than I bargained for. The material isn't nearly as taught as I had imagined and I had to break out the trusty spray starch in order to get more of a working structure. After spray starching the shit out of the fabric I then had to mould the material around the mannequin head and stitch up the back while still keeping enough form and material to slip on without ripping the seams. I ripped it twice, and then had to reform and start again. If at first you don't succeed...

Not only am I fortunate enough to have a group of exceedingly talented individuals in my life, they also have enough swagger to not only pull off, but embody the madness I conjure up.

Now back to the drawing board to devise a method for construction without destroying the fabric.

Risky Business.





Below are a few images that inspired the construction of this mask. 
(As if BRNDN PHLP isn't inspiration enough...)










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll