NOVELTY: ELLERY TRENCH AND STYLING.


This marvel is called the Tap Dance Trench by Ellery. I first found this beauty in the 'Weekly List of Recommendations' section of one of my favourite blogs Love-Aesthetics, which lead me to investigate the collection. I just can't deal. I have such a deep admiration for stark white layering, (yet another reason why I adore Love-Aesthetics) even though my lifestyle is a bit too wild for white. And by wild I mean theres a good chance I'd manage to get carrot pureé on it before I even reach the door. 

All white aside, lets talk about whats going on south of the shins! This glorified burlap sack foot cover has my head spinning! To be honest, I have absolutely no idea how (or even if) this would translate when put into motion but for art's sake its just beyond wonderful. Such an interesting idea with spot on styling. For some reason this silhouette reminds me very much of McQueen's Armadillo platform heel from the Spring/Summer 2010 show, Plato's Atlantis (shown below).  


Speaking of the Armadillo heels, I came across a crazy awesome DIY project by Youtube channel'er Emma Cervin where she takes strips of paper, glue and wood to craft her own version of the iconic shoe. Between the two I'm super excited to see what kind of hybrid of the two I can come up with. You can view her tutorial by clicking here.

Here's a few more images displaying Ellery's effing awesome shoe concept. Enjoy!




(All Ellery images from Modaoperandi.com)










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll