BLURRED.



Topshop Unique Sweater, Balenciaga inspired styling

These images were inspired by Balenciaga's Spring 2007 collection which featured the gorgeous Liya Kebede. I absolutely fell in love with this tribal makeup when I first saw it back in '07 and have been wanting to try it out ever since. I believe this was the first time I can remember interpreting how paramount it is for makeup to directly reflect the mood of the collection. I've seen so many collections where the makeup application looks more like an afterthought than anything else. This, obviously isn't the case here. The white paint applique truly elevates the collection in a way that aids the designer in allowing your mind wander to another time and place. I think thats the greatest thing about makeup. It allows you to dare I say 'complete your costume' for the day and really be whoever you want. A simple stroke of black liner under the eye can convey a darker more mysterious aesthetic, while a bright red lip with rosy red cheeks evokes a bright 'sweet' aesthetic. I just love how much the right choice of application can really transform an outfit,  complete a look, or in this case, amp up a runway.


Picture taken from Balenciaga Spring 2007, Style.com





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll