Titus. For me the best styled and most personally influential fashion movie ever made (of which I've watched 12 times at the very least). This film is like a first aid kit for whenever I feel creatively blocked or out of sorts. The original Titus Andronicus play was written by Shakespeare in the late 1500's, this version was directed by Julie Taymor in 1999. The film is set around the Roman Empire and fictional story of Roman military general Titus and the cyclic plots of revenge between himself and Tamora, Queen of the Goths (best styled She-Villian the world has ever seen). 


To be honest the first time I saw this movie I had no ideal what the hell it was about. It's starts very abruptly and it is very difficult to pinpoint a time period in which the story takes place. Most people I have shown this movie to think I'm rightly mad (possibly so) and lose interest in the first 15 mins of the film. It's incredibly lengthy, with a running time of 162 mins and seems to almost overwork the eyes due to its brilliant cinematography. The use and placement of color, the mashup of modern vs. old world, this film sincerly blows my mind every single time.

The renowned costume designer Milena Canonero who's also responsible for the wardrobe design of 2006's Marie Antointtte inspires me to think bigger. To dream and live bigger. To never loose my muchness. If that doesn't define a bloddy excellent film, I don't know what does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

CONTACT

INSTAGRAM: BALEXANDRAA
EMAIL: BIANCALEXANDRAA{AT}GMAIL.COM

Blogroll